On my baby shower I decided to put my guests to work 🙂
I bought 10 white onesies (5 for 3-6 months and 5 for 0-3 months size) and a pack of colourful Sharpies. Then I printed some funny T-shirt quotes as an inspiration and gave it all to the friend who was organizing my baby shower.
Here are my one-of-a-kind onesies (sorry, some of them are already worn, I didn’t take a picture when they were all shiny brand new):
For good success, if you wish to try this at your baby shower, I suggest:
- Take into account the number of guests attending and buy about half that many onesies or shirts (not everyone is into crafts and couples sometimes collaborate) – but if buy too many, it’s OK, you have white onesies to give to someone else, use them plain or decorate them yourself in those long evenings when you’re out of work and enjoying your last days before the joyous arrival!
- Depending on the number of guests see if you need more than one set of Sharpies/ markers, so that nobody cries they can’t find the colour they need (yes, adults turn into babies during times like these:)))
- Let your guests know there is no do-over. If they make a mistake, it will stay.
- Make sure you collaborate with your host, so they have an adequate space ready – a work table with a cover or something similar. You wouldn’t want your guests to leave marker stains on a friend’s fancy couch!
- Strictly black & white version is very cute too. Or choose another marker colour and use only that.
- Do this on your kid’s birthday – small kiddo = adults do the crafting. Older kiddo = his/ her friends make t-shirts for him!
- Dyed shirts with bleach (the design will be white on coloured shirt) >>> careful, this one would be messy!